Monday, March 9, 2020

Waiting for Michael

I arrived in Bangkok and to our Airbnb around 6:15PM on Thursday.  Rob was to arrive in the afternoon on Thursday and Mike landed at 11:35PM on Friday. SO, I needed to stay busy until his arrival!

Thursday, I headed to the grocery store next to our apartment and picked up an assortment of treasures! A Moose cider from Thailand, sushi flavored Baked Lays, an orange flavored roll, some cheese and crackers, and a green tea Kit Kat. Dinner! :)

I headed back to the Airbnb to do my laundry and just relax. I watched some TV (they have sooo many more channels here than I did in Indonesia!) and did a bit of work before heading to bed.


Friday, I woke up early, did a few more work tasks, chatted with my parents and then went to Terminal 21 for lunch. Terminal 21 is a huge shopping mall right next to our Airbnb. Each floor is themed with a different city/region. There was the Caribbean, Tokyo, Istanbul, San Fran, London. My goal was to get food! The food court there was amazing!! So many choices! I went with a pizza shaped like an ice cream cone. Not exactly Thai food, but it was too ridiculous looking to pass up!!

Then, I got Mango Sticky Rice. Goal: eat mango sticky rice every day! It was delicious and cost me just over $1. Then, I wanted boba. I found a stand and ordered a honey lemon plum tea. It was sooooooooo sweet I couldn't finish it. Sigh. I need to work on my boba orders.

Then, I came back to the Airbnb. Rob arrived and we went out for an adventure. Took the very crowded BTS Skytrain to a burgers and craft beer place called MASH. I had a burger with blue cheese on it and it was delicious!! I am not used to big portions after being in Indonesia for so long, so I wasn't able to finish it and all the fries, but it was still yummy. Then, we decided to walk home...which was about a 55 minute walk.

We strolled through Lumphini Park. There were all these runners!! It was awesome. And people doing group fitness. And swan boats. A great little park in the city. Then, we found some little pedestrian walk way and started walking along that. It ended up taking us almost all the way home! It was a really nice paved walk way away from all the traffic and congestion, so that felt nice. As we were approaching our home, we found a little market with all sorts of twinkling lights and live music. Something called Artbox. I loved it! The food looked amazing (but I wasn't hungry). I got another tea drink...this time butterfly pea tea and asked for it to be less sweet and it was drinkable. Plus the icy coldness made it delicious. Rob got some sort of yummy juice. It was a really cool find and if you're ever in the Asok/Nana area at night, definitely check it out!

Then it was home to relax/cool off while we waited for Michael. I'm happy to say he made it to the Airbnb a bit after midnight and I was super happy to see him!!

Pics on Facebook album (link here soon) once I figure that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment